01 July 2011

Little Miss Shirley


Since I was a very young child, I have had a deep love and appreciation for Miss Shirley Jane Temple Black. She is definitely one of my favorite actresses of all time. Her grace and style has always been so breathtaking! I can't imagine anyone, much less a small child, speaking, singing, or especially dancing with such grace! I know for a fact that my little girls will one day watch her movies, even though they are considered "old-fashioned" and "outdated". My favorite movies by little Miss Shirley are "Little Miss Broadway" and "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm" (The photo on the right is from the latter of the two films.) No matter how old she grows, she has always been such a beautiful lady. Below is a video of Shirley and two of The Three Brian Sisters. I adore this songs. It's called "Be Optimistic" and is from the 1938 film "Little Miss Broadway". Who is your favorite classic star?

No comments: