A very powerful God created all, and I am so glad to know that He is my Saviour, King, and Best Friend. He is so Wonderful and Holy, and He alone can save. I had the privilege to be raised in a wonderful Christian home, and when I was nine years old, I made a profession of faith. I claimed to love the Lord, and I knew it was right to serve Him, but I did not truly know Him as I said I did. I went through a lot of illness and a few surgeries, and when my family moved to Texas when I was fourteen, I became slightly bitter towards God. I continued going to church, but I couldn't stand it. No one, not even my parents, knew how I didn't enjoy it besides the Lord and myself. I didn't enjoy that my friends didn't have to be "weird" like I had to because my parents were greatly involved with our church. We live in Dallas which is extremely diverse, and since Christianity "wasn't working" for me, I started to think that maybe the religions of my friends would be better for me. I secretly researched Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism, and Baha’ism, hoping to find a bit of truth. (Now I see how lost I truly was!) But, praise the Lord, He never gave up on me!!! When I was sixteen years old, I heard my aunt give her testimony of how she professed faith as a child, rebelled against the Lord, and truly came to salvation as an adult. She regrets not coming to the Lord when she saw that she was going down the wrong road as a teenager, and as she gave her testimony, I fell under deep conviction. I told my family how I needed to be saved; they were thrilled that I told them and happily led me to the Lord. He led me to come to Crown College as a Music Education major, and on October 20, 2010, He called me to serve Him on the mission field. I am happy to go wherever He leads me, and I'm so thrilled to call Him "Father", regardless of my unworthiness!
I pray that if you do not know God as your personal Lord and Saviour that you will learn to know Him. It is so easy, and you do not have to go through a life of pain to come to know Him. Knowing Christ can happen in five easy steps. Doing this will not save you, but if you truly believe in Christ, He will give you eternal life.
- Know that God loves you. He made you in His image, and you are very precious to Him. Genesis 2:7 says, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." He loves you for He made you to be His own.
- Realize that you are a sinner. Sin is anything that goes against the holiness of God. Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
- Realize that sin MUST be paid for! Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
- Christ paid the price for your sin. When Jesus Christ, God's perfect Son, came to Earth and was crucified, He died for your sins. He died for the sins of the entire world! He was perfect and shed His sinless blood for all people.
- Accept Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour. All you need to do is believe that He is God, He is perfect, and ask Him to forgive your sins. He will come to live in your life and He will give you life with Him eternally.
I pray that if you have any questions you will e-mail me and ask. I would love to help you.