16 July 2011

A little fall of rain can hardly hurt me now!

I am quite excited right now. I live in Dallas, Texas, and for the past 15 days, it has been over 100 degrees. We haven't had rain since the first day of summer, and the heat has been absolutely unbearable. Of course, we've been downing water, lathering on sunscreen, wearing hats, etc. We know how to handle the heat, but that doesn't make it enjoyable. BUT........... God is soooooo good!!! A few minutes ago, the clouds split and rain starting pouring down.The sound was almost unrecognizable. I'm serious. I opened the back door and was overwhelmed by the beautiful smell of grass, asphalt, and rain all mixed together. (That is my favorite smell of all time, by the way!) I am so ecstatic to hear, see, feel, and smell the rain. I know it won't last for a long time, but I am so thankful for this little fall of rain.

No comments: