14 July 2011

Fair weather and a just God...

"Human history is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy."-C.S. Lewis

This quote by C.S. Lewis is so very true. Many people think that they have the power to live daily by themselves. Humans simply do not have the strength to survive alone. Without my powerful God, I would fall apart. I know exactly where I would be without grace. I would be struggling to find a way to heaven by myself and would end up failing. I am so glad that I serve an Almighty God! Job 37:22-23 says, "Fair weather cometh out of the north: with God is terrible majesty. Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict." I am so blessed to know that, regardless of the storm, fair weather will always come from the north. God promised this, and He cannot go back on His promises! He is excellent and just. I love Him so much!

No comments: