30 June 2011

The Wisdom of a Stuffed Bear



One of my favorite storybooks as a child was "Winnie the Pooh". I loved reading of Christopher Robin's dear friends in the 100 Acre Woods. Why? Because they were so genuine. Nothing touched my heart more than the true bond they all shared. They were not just friends; they were a close-knit family and they truly loved one another. I have been told that if you have one good friend in a lifetime, you're lucky; if you have a handful of good friends, you are truly blessed. I have some of the best friends in the world.

Some are here in Dallas. For example, my friends Taylor, Hannah, and all my friends from Berkner High. Taylor is definatly one of my best friends. I love her to death! We love spending time together and, of course, eating at Cassie's FroYo in Grapevine, Texas. I can't imagine life without my friends here in Texas. They have been there for years and help me so much.

The rest of my best friends are at Crown. Right now, we're spread out around the country (some out of country) and I miss them more than I ever imagined possible. My friends there are my family. When you're so far away from family, you bond with your friends more than normal. None of us live close to the college, so we are all far away from our families. I believe that God brought us together to help each other grow. I miss them so much. I love you, Sydney, Thomas, Justin, Manuel, Brittany, Rachael, Chelsea, Jessica, TJ, Juston, Kyle, Kaylee, Melody... actually if I listed them all, Blogger wouldn't let this post. It would be far too long.I am so grateful fo the friends that the Lord has given me, especially during my first year of college.

Christopher Robin once told Winnie the Pooh, "If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you."

No comments: