11 June 2011

Hello, Bloggers :)

I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been busy and I have had very little to write about! The past few weeks, though, have had various exciting events.
First, I met up with a new friend! Every Friday night while I was at Crown, I went with some of my friends to a Bible study for Chinese students that attend the University of Tennessee. ON the last week we were there, I met a very sweet Chinese girl who happens to attend a college within five minutes from my house here in Dallas! (The world says 'coincidence', I say 'divine appointment'.) We switched information and decided to get together throughout the summer to have dinner and what-not. This past Sunday, we met up and she visited my home church with me! I was so very excited to have her with me. I gave her a Mandarin New Testament, and I pray that she will soon come to know Jesus as her Lord and Saviour.
Second, I am teaching a Sunday School class for the young kids at my church this summer. In addition to this, I have started a Wednesday night summer program for the kids called "The Rejoicers". The Rejoicers are going to be learning about the Lord by learning about the people whom He created. I asked which countries and people they want to learn about and they requested China, Peru, Australia, Mexico, Canada, Scotland, and Uganda. I am very excited to be able to teach them about the great Christian warriors from these countries who fought earnestly for the faith as well as missionaries that our church supports in these countries right now.
Third, my parents and I went shopping at a few estate sales today and found some amazing international percussion and woodwind instruments. I'm very excited about sharing these with The Rejoicers as well as my own children some day. I am praying right now about starting a children's home one day, and I pray that the Lord will lead me in the way that He wants me to go. Please pray for me with this.

No comments: