29 June 2011

Dream a Little Dream...

Having insomnia causes me to have extremly insane dreams, and many times, I wake after landing in strange places. Since childhood, my dreams have always been a mixture of Lewis Carrol's "Alice In Wonderland" and "The Wizard of Oz". I don't remember a time that I had a normal dream or even an understandable dream. I believe that dreams are a huge part of my life since they have such a way of changing the way I think. I would love to share a few of my dreams with you, but I don't even understand how to start descriing them. Usually, they involve falling asleep, waking up in a distant land, and starting my day. Many times, I have had dreams that felt as if they went on for days, weeks, and once, even months. It is so tiring that I get more rest while awake than asleep at times. When you wake up after what seems like a long period of time, life seems weird. For example, I woke up one night deep in the jungle in a small hut where I was working on opening an orphanage. The next night, I woke up in a land very similar to "Wonderland" where a large creature followed me around and, thought I thought he was trying to kill me, it was trying to get me to take a thorn out of his paw. He then became my best friend/pet and I named him Pongo. :) Yes, dreams are weird, but I'm glad that I have them. My strange dreams are a huge part of my life, and I am so priveledged to be able to remember the majority of them!

No comments: