30 December 2009

CONGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh, the beauty that is Congress at Crown. After about three months of practicing, praying, and just pure agonizing TORTURE that is waiting, Congress is sadly over. Oh, words can not even describe how wonderful this Congress was. In this last year, the thing I have learned the most is that if you keep your focus on the Lord Jesus Christ, nothing can make you nervous. For the first time in my life, I walked on the stage (three of my girls at my side) and sang without a single butterfly in my stomach. Nothing besides my Salvation has ever felt that amazing! Of course I have been taught to "Focus on the Lord" but until this last year, no one has actually explained HOW you are to do that when a ton of people are staring you down. Last night and today, we stood upon the stage, sang for the Lord, and nothing could put us in a bad mood. It caused such a peace to come over me that I can not explain. My whole life, I have DESPISED singing in front of people by myself for the fact that they might possibly judge me. Just within the past few months, God has been teaching me one thing: I AM NOT UP THERE TO BE JUDGED! If anyone judges me, that is because their heart is in the wrong place. It is such a undescribale joy to truly serve the Lord.
This afternoon, I rededicated my life to the Lord. Bro. Pauley preached a message entitled "Are You Ready?", and it made me realize that I am not ready to serve the Lord because of hidden sins and just not doing what He has commanded me to do. I just praise the Lord that He is a God of second chances. God was truly working on the hearts of everyone in the Congress last night and today.

No comments: