16 February 2010

Last's Night Mexican Feast!!!

I used to HATE Mexican food, and now I absolutely love it. My brother says that I am actually Mexican and that they found me as a baby on the side of the road. (Since I have video proof that says otherwise, I doubt it. lol) Last night, our family had Mexican Lasagna, Fiesta Corn Salad, and some pretty awesome guacamole. (Don't wanna toot my own horn, but why not!) I thought I would share these lovely recipes with my fellow bloggers!

Mexican Lasagna:
  • 1 pd. flour tortillas (We live in Dallas, so there are a lot of Mexican markets nearby. We can get fresh, homemade tortillas for really cheap!!!!!!)
  • 1 package of veggie ground (or 1 lb. ground beef for you meat heads out there)
  • 1 cup mild salsa
  • 1 10 oz can enchilada sauce
  • 1 pk. taco seasoning mix
  • 1 16oz carton of cottage cheese (small curd)
  • 1 can black beans
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican style)

-Brown veggie ground/ground beef and drain. Stir in black beans, salsa, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning mix. Simmer and stir.

-In a seperate bowl, combine cottaes cheese, eggs and oregano.

-Line pan (9*13 inch) with tortillas.

-Top with half of bean mixture, and add all of cottage cheese mix. Add more tortillas, then rest of bean mixture.

-Top with shredded cheese.

-Bake 30-35 minuts in 375 degree (F) oven.

Fiesta Corn Salad:

  • 3 (16 oz) cans whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 large diced yellow onion
  • 1 diced bell pepper
  • 2 cups diced fresh tomato
  • 1 small can chopped green chilli peppers
  • 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste

-In a large salad bowl, mix chili peppers with softened cream cheese. Stir in drained corn.

-Fold all remaining ingredients.

-Put in refrigerator for 2 or 3 hours before serving.

Guacamole:

  • 4-5 medium, ripe Haas avocados, peeled and pitted
  • 4 diced Roma tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tsp. sea salt

-In a large bowl, mash all ingredients together until well combined. (So simple but SOOOOOOOOO good!)

It was a lot of fun making my lasagna and guacamole. Daddy made the corn salad and Mummy made a lasagna with meat for the rest of the family. These items are sure to be a huge success!

No comments: