- 1 pd. flour tortillas (We live in Dallas, so there are a lot of Mexican markets nearby. We can get fresh, homemade tortillas for really cheap!!!!!!)
- 1 package of veggie ground (or 1 lb. ground beef for you meat heads out there)
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 pk. taco seasoning mix
- 1 16oz carton of cottage cheese (small curd)
- 1 can black beans
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican style)
-Brown veggie ground/ground beef and drain. Stir in black beans, salsa, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning mix. Simmer and stir.
-In a seperate bowl, combine cottaes cheese, eggs and oregano.
-Line pan (9*13 inch) with tortillas.
-Top with half of bean mixture, and add all of cottage cheese mix. Add more tortillas, then rest of bean mixture.
-Top with shredded cheese.
-Bake 30-35 minuts in 375 degree (F) oven.
Fiesta Corn Salad:
- 3 (16 oz) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large diced yellow onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 2 cups diced fresh tomato
- 1 small can chopped green chilli peppers
- 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
-In a large salad bowl, mix chili peppers with softened cream cheese. Stir in drained corn.
-Fold all remaining ingredients.
-Put in refrigerator for 2 or 3 hours before serving.
- 4-5 medium, ripe Haas avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
-In a large bowl, mash all ingredients together until well combined. (So simple but SOOOOOOOOO good!)
It was a lot of fun making my lasagna and guacamole. Daddy made the corn salad and Mummy made a lasagna with meat for the rest of the family. These items are sure to be a huge success!