09 November 2009

Orange Blossom Muffins, anyone?

Well, what have I been up to the past few days? I have been baking pies to NO end! I've made a few apple pies and am currently trying to find a good cherry pie recipe. I'm not a huge fan of cherries, but my friend wants one! I am going to bring an apple pie and a cherry pie to church soon to see what my lovely friends in our youth group think of them. (I love those girls so much! They are some of my dearest friends, and I praise and thank God for them. Not many people are as blessed as I am when it comes to friends. I know that these lovely young ladies love me and want God to use me. Too many "friends" could care less about your spiritual life, and I am so grateful that I have friends who do care!)
I, sadly, forgot to take any pictures of my pie making process, but I will have to take some the next time I bake. What is my next project? Maybe I'll make a batch of Orange Blossom Muffins! My mummy and daddy went away for a few days last week to celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary. They visited the Excelsior House Hotel in Jefferson, Texas. This hotel is a beautiful hotel that has been in operation since the 1850s. The photos my mother took of it were astounding! Also, my parents RAVED over the Orange Blossom Muffins that were served at breakfast every morning. They were extremely pleased to discover that the recipe for these muffins is in a cookbook that they bought through the Jefferson Gardening Club. These muffins sound amazing! If the baking is a success, I will post the recipe on here. I can't wait to try them out! My parents stayed at the Lady Bird Johnson suite. They were told by one of the staffers of the house that former First Lady Johnson's favorite memories as a child were always going to the hotel with her father to eat brunch while they were "in town". I think that is so sweet! http://theexcelsiorhouse.com

No comments: