10 November 2009

I've done a post like this before, but I strongly believe that repetition is a good thing! I often like to just type (or write) a completely random list of things about myself. Even if no one else finds them interesting, I think it is fun to be able to look back someday and see how I once was!
  • I have a strange fascination with anything covered in Polkie Dots. (Yes, I realize that they are technically called "Polka" Dots, but I do not care! Polkie Dots just sounds cooler.)
  • I love coffee when it is just slightly above room temperature. I also love hot tea at this temperature.
  • My favorite thing to do is curl up with a good book or sitting at the computer, typing a story or working on my blog, drinking a nice cup of Earl Grey Tea. (Bigelow, of course. No tea is better!)
  • I have always loved music. I guess I have my elementary music teacher, Mrs. Fox, to thank for that! She is such an inspiration to me. Not only is she an amazing teacher and genuinely kind lady, she is a strong Christian. Such a blessing to have been part of her life. She inspired me to go to school for elementary music, which I will be doing next fall.
  • If everyday was a brisk Autumn day, I would absolutely love it! Nothing is better than a cup of Earl Grey, a good book, and a fire on a nice Autumn day!
  • I love watching Christian Comedians, especially Mark Lowry. I absolutely LOVE that man! Such an amazing comedian, singer, and I believe, Christian. It is so refreshing to see someone who is not ashamed to speak his mind about what he believes and what He has done.
  • I am slowly falling in love with old-fashioned things. I used to want to be like everyone else, but I couldn't care less what the others are doing. I must remember that if the majority agrees with it, some thing's probably wrong with it! I simply adore things as plain as a white pitcher and basin. (Does anyone have one that they would like to give me? Just joking.)
  • I love my friends! I have some of the most amazing friends that anyone can have. God has blessed me with a great group of young ladies who want nothing more than to serve and please Him.

If I kept listing, I would be here all night long. :)

Yesterday, we (Junior High, Senior High, and some memebers of the College and Career class) started practicing for our Christmas Play, entitled "The Journey of Mary". It is an incredible play, and I can't wait to get more involved in it. We are playing people who are putting on a play, so most people have two parts. (For example, my brother, Casey, is playing a guy named Hank who is playing Arch Angel Gabriel. You get it?) There are several humourous parts. For example, Hank is trying to figure out how to play a "relaxed, confident angel flying in from Heaven to deliver really happy news" by flitting around the stage and acting like a vampire at one point. It was the funniest play practice I have ever been a part of!

Can you believe that it is the second week of November already? Where did this year go to? I am so excited for these next two months. Soon, we will have Thanksgiving and then on to Christmas! I love this time of year so much!

No comments: