26 October 2009

Welcome, Fall!

I know that it has been officially Autumn since mid September, but today it actually feels like it. It is 52 degrees where I live and it is lightly drizzling. Rain always makes a chilly day feel a lot colder. I absolutley LOVE this weather. All I really want to do is curl up by the fire (yes, we have one going) with a good book. Maybe I'll finish the Chronicles of Narnia series! I simply adore those books.
What will this day be like? Well, tonight, our church's revival meetings continue. I pray that the Lord will open our ears and soften our hearts. The problem our nation is facing, no matter what our government officials (you know who I mean) want you to beleive, is not one of the economy. The problems in our nation are all directly caused by our spiritual needs. Sadly, we as Christians are not doing our part, and our whole world is suffering for it. 2 Chro. 7:14 says, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." A lot of the time, we Christians (and by that I mean, blood-bought, born again) forget that this only begins with us. We expect everyone else to change, and yet we don't want to work hard and pray. We don't want to "waste our time" witnessing. Until we Christians change, the world is going to stay the same. Pray for a revival. The great Welsh Revival was started by a young girl who stood up to testify. Who knows what our great generation can accomplish with God on our side!

No comments: