20 October 2008

New Beginnings

Well, I'm joining the 21st century- I'm starting a blog. I'm so excited.


All my life, I've been in public school, but this past summer I asked my parents if I could be homeschooled. The school I had been going to was quite rough and there was a lot of gang influence. After much prayer, we agreed to homeschool me. I was supposed to be in the 11th grade, but due to taking advanced classes in regular school, I will be able to graduate this year. WOW! I'm a senior!!! Next year, I will spend a year working to raise money for some of my college funds. My parents say that they will pay for my first year of tuition, but I would like to help by paying for my other needs such as shampoos, clothes, etc. I don't like to feel like a mooch. LOL I hope to get a job as a nanny if possible, because I'm going to work with kids and would love to have a large family. I'm going to need a lot of training.


I would like to share my testimony with you all. When I was nine years old, (in 2001) I asked Christ to be my personal Lord and saivor. But, although I meant it with my head, it never became true in my heart. I love the Lord and I always have, but I also was raised in church, so this is normal. Last month, on September 20, my mom's bff was telling us how she thought she got saved at the age of 13. These past few years, she's been having doubts about her salvation, but didn't think that she wasn't saved. Well, I've been having these same doubts about my eternal securrity, but I didn't tell anyone. As her story progressed, my heart was being convicted and I realized that I truly wasn't saved. I accepted Christ as my personal Lord and savior that night. I'm so happy that I will be with God for all of eternity.


Please pray for me as I travel this new road of homeschooling. Thanks.

God Bless,

Caitlyn Mae

No comments: