13 October 2011

Writer's Block...

How is it that I have so much on my mind, but I can't think about what I would like to write about? I wrote such a long blog post earlier today, but I still feel as if I need to write more. There's so much on my mind, on my heart, but I cannot express it the way I would like to! The Lord is truly working in my life, and I am so excited about it, but I just can't let my words out? Is anyone out there? Is anyone listening? Or am I just writing this blog like a crazy person talking to herself? How is it that I feel like this? I shouldn't, but I can't help it. I feel as if words themselves mean nothing. The only thing I can truly say right now is that God is perfect. He is still God, and He always will be. 

My friend , Melody, recently introduced me to a poem by a lady named Helen Mallicoat. I wanted to share it on here, for it will help others. I know it will, for it has helped me immensely. 

I AM

I was regretting the past
and fearing the future. 
Suddenly my Lord was speaking: 
"My name is I AM".

He paused. 
I waited. He continued, 
"When you live in the past
with its mistakes and regrets, 
it is hard. I am not there. 
My name is not I WAS. 

When you live in the future 
with its problems and fears, 
it is hard. I am not there. 
My name is not I WILL BE.

When you live in this moment, 
it is not hard. I am here. 
My name is I AM."

When you start worrying, remember that God is there. His name is not I WAS or I WILL BE. He's there right when you need Him. Are you there for Him when He needs you? 

1 comment:

Jenifer Harrod said...

That was a really great poem! I will have to show this one to my kids who like poems. Thanks you for sharing your heart. I too love missions and hope to one day land on the mission field. God Bless!